TC Orthodontics Red Wing
Located on Main Street in Red Wing’s historic district, TC Orthodontics employs a local material vernacular eliciting a feeling of familiarity among the patients. Brick original to the 1866 Phelps-Cogel building has been exposed and refinished to act as physical reference to the past. Coordination with the Red Wing Heritage Preservation Commission resulted in a successful and sensitive modification to the northern facade to accommodate the interior build-out. Surfaces and finishes employ visual textures in reaction to Red Wing’s enviable topographical features while providing physically functional surfaces for daily use. Attention to the space’s function, material, and town history allow for the new office to be perceptively recognizable yet novel.